View Single Post
Old 2010-08-27, 21:05   Link #337
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
Eh, he just fulfilled the role of "guy who explains to the audience what's going on," like he always does.
More like "guy who offers an explanation to the audience of what's going on". A subtle but important distinction. Itsuki isn't necessarily right all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
This is actually my biggest gripe with the series. If I'm understanding what I read correctly, what Mikuru's faction believes time to be should lead them to believe that there is no causality if they were to be consistent with that belief. Yet their mission is to preserve history as they know it? What makes them think that any action they execute in the past will have any bearing towards securing the future they know, which from their perspective is their past that has no connection to anything by their belief?
The same answer to every other question swirling about the series: Haruhi. With her in the mix, nothing is predetermined, even if it was "before". So when events take place in which the time travelers know what (was supposed to have) happened, they need to ensure that it does. Just in case. If they succeed, great, predetermined event. If not, chalk it up to Haruhi and hope you're around to see the aftermath.