Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
9 pots and 2 wards.
For ADC? The starters usually go between
flask + pots - For Ezreals-like ADC etc, pretty rare. Nerfed from 225 to 345
red + pots - Nerfed
boots + pots - Nerfed during S3.
Dorans - Passive changed, use quints 4-9% lifevamp.
longsword + 2 pot - Still a decent start since you will get vampscepter 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The few people that thought this up were creative, the immitating rest is definitely not - they just went with what was overly effective.
The problem with fortitude is that the gain outweigh the risk by far. If it just gave like 20-25 damage without the hp then the risk would be adequate but the simple fact that it also gives hp makes it too safe to use, you would almost always out-trade your opponent making him at least leave the lane for some time and easily making the 250 gold worthwhile.

With the changes you can still use it but the risks are adequately increased so it's not like it's gone completely. You just have to actually try to make it count.
With the changes, I won't be buying it until I have my 5-6th item. It is a true gamble for 350. Riot successfully changed it back to the money sink it was intended to be. I am just guessing though, not sure until I actually try it out.

Here is the thread about the lack of starter items and the red pot nerf on reddit : Thread Link

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-04-06 at 11:56.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote