View Single Post
Old 2004-01-03, 19:08   Link #25
lilitu93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megane
*AHEM* Let's try to keep this thread afloat, shall we?

Anyway, thanks to Fronzel and StarCreator for clearing things up regarding the "Remastered" DVD 1. What I would like to know now, and that I can't quite extract from StarCreator's post, is whether or not we'll be seeing anymore Remastered DVDs after Genesis Reborn and Resurrection?

The "Renewal" project that you mentioned, is that a re-re-master? What I mean to ask is, are Genesis Reborn and Resurrection English versions of DVDs from this project? Or are the Renewal DVDs remastered beyond the Director's Cut Stuff?
ADV isn't going to remaster any other DVDs as they stoped doing the overlays. All availalbe first Eva DVDs in both in the US and the UK are the remastered version. This remasting was only an English-language thing and has nothing to do with the Japanese originals. (Australians stil have the messed up first DVD, plus the 2nd one, so don't buy the R4s, at least for those two DVDs.)

"Renewal" came out in Japan and is a remaster from the originals, so it's a remaster of the whole series, plus the movies. So far, it isn't licensed for the US. Whether it will be or not remains to be seen, but I doubt it will be for a few years now because the director's cuts were just licensed, and it wouldn't make sense to release them and then release another version of the whole series. Maybe after the live action movie comes out, it will be done--who knows?

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.