View Single Post
Old 2011-10-06, 15:45   Link #91
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Except that's not what happened in the show. The sequence goes as follows:
I'm focusing on more than just the sequence that you're referencing here. I think it's important to keep that sequence in context with what came before. There is a couple scenes where Taichi is taking notice of Chihaya talking about Arata before the scene that you're referencing.

The first is at 09:11, and the second is at 12:58.

In my opinion, there's a look of concern in Taichi's eyes in both of those scenes. I get a distinct sense that the gears are turning in Taichi's head, and he's thinking about what Chihaya's increased focus and friendliness towards Arata could mean for her if she continues it. His appearance in these scenes strike me more as sober concern than outright jealousy.

So when he sees that Chihaya is now approaching Arata to talk with him, Taichi decides that he needs to put a stop to this before Chihaya gets herself into trouble (as Taichi sees it). The sequence you reference is straightforward, but what came before it is important, and places it in a certain context.

Now, it's possible that my interpretation isn't completely right here, but I do think that the anime allows for it at least.

Quote:
What you're describing is called "drama". I thought that I had missed a scene somewhere.
Slower paced everyday living is not what I would call "drama". In my view, the term "slice of life" fits that much better than the term "drama" does.

"Drama" constitutes something more, well, dramatic than simple daily living, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-10-06 at 16:13.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote