View Single Post
Old 2011-03-20, 15:25   Link #256
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikou View Post
What the hell, man? Of course it hasn't been my idea all along, at the beginning of Umineko I was busy trying to blame someone, just like everyone else. Then in EP4, I started to doubt whether or not finding the truth really was significant. When EP5 gave us a character who was basically the embodiment of evil for trying to find a solution, my suspicious were confirmed.

But just because I haven't been right all along doesn't mean my opinion doesn't hold water. I'm not trying to say "Look how superior I am! I've been right this whole time, and you've all been on a wild goose chase!" That's not the case at all, I've done my fair share of goose hunting.
Look at what you wrote. You just said that "we missed the point of Umineko pretty badly" for thinking that finding the culprit was the main objective.

I did not if there's one that has the right to say those words it's me, and it ticks me off that now people make such kind of claims after the facts.

But you recognize that you've been looking for a culprit in the beginning, and you know that everyone did the same. So you should choose your words differently else it looks like you are claiming that practically everyone missed the point completely.

Now you changed your mind? Why you say it only now? Give me something to shake this feeling that you just changed your mind because "God" has spoken.

Quote:
What I'm asking you to do is to step back and maybe see that maybe the culprit is not what is the most important thing to take from Umineko. Maybe it is instead the lessons about love, and tolerance, and forgiveness? Maybe the goose chase was just an excuse to show us something far more beautiful than any old goose could be?
Forgiveness?
How can I forgive someone without even knowing who is the sinner and what's the sin?
Ah! I'm ready to forgive anyone anytime, as long as they show their face and they show regret for their actions and the will to take responsibility.

I see nothing of that. Talking about forgiveness at these conditions is unacceptable.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote