View Single Post
Old 2011-10-05, 00:29   Link #1651
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its forced upon Alto because the situations come to him. He did not ask for it. Its very simple, don't over-read it.

- Tak
I've said this once before, but...

...the same thing can be said for his interactions with Sheryl (until a point in the later episodes which I won't be specifying).

Sure, one way you could read Alto's actions in episode 19 (where he returns to the Saotome residence to check up on Sheryl) and episode 22 as being motivated by him simply wanting to see her.

However, it's also possible to argue that Alto might not have made the effort had Michel and Klan not alerted him to the fact that Sheryl was hiding something incredibly important from him.

I'm not trying to say that the first argument is wrong or that it is less convincing than the second (or vice versa). But it's important to recognise that it IS an argument, and that there are other arguments that are supported by the show. (Though I'm certainly NOT saying that all arguments/theses/suppositions etc are supported by the show)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes