Thread: Halo: 4
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 19:21   Link #375
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Spartan I
The program involved adult volunteers where they underwent some sort of genetic enhancements. Whatever it was it was successful enough to set the foundation for the Spartan II project.

The volunteers involved in the Spartan I project went on with their lives and eventually had kids and if I recall correctly those kids inherited it and were ideal for the Spartan II program.

Spartan II
Program includes volunteer children on a very selective basis with genetic enhancements but also includes expensive equipment, enough to fund an entire battlefleet. Many die due to the augmentations

Spartan III
Program takes orphans from wherever they can find them. Jackson stated that the medical advances since that time allows them to literally ensure a 100% success rate regardless of the pool. The equipment on the other hand is a cheaper and weaker as it lacks shielding. On the other hand the III's are more than capable of taking on elites in hand to hand combat. Essentially a limited mass production model.

Spartan IV
Program involves adult volunteers and I'm guessing as others have stated the same enhancements which they can now do with a 100% success rate on adults instead of children. With the collection of new forerunner equipment I am assuming that their equipment would be on par with the Spartan's II but I could be wrong.

IMO the Spartan II's are one of the best due to being given the best of the best the UNSC could afford at the time. Spartan IV on the other hand have the advantage of using the newest technology based on Forerunner tech if the novels are to follow.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote