View Single Post
Old 2013-02-19, 11:55   Link #131
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know about Kanon but Clannad had quite a few routes that were scrapped or butchered in the anime.

It's not a problem to have tons of route in VNs since they usually don't happen in the same "timeline". It's not like the MCs actually build harems, they're involved with one girl per world. I assume that's how it worked in the Little Busters VN as well.

The anime made the choice to have everything take place in one timeline, so that creates the kind of issues which are usually solved by removing the romantic component of each route save one. None of the girls in the anime are actually into Riki. They're really just friends. Heck, at this point Kyousuke and Masato have shown more attraction toward Riki than the girls have
I don't know... That one episode with Trap!Riki in it certainly felt harem-esque to me. The girls all seemed to be pretty into him there.

But to be fair, a lot of it depends on how the narrative develops from here. I do think they successfully de-romanticzed Mio and Haruka's arcs. Komari's had a touch of romantic feeling to it, but it was slight, and mostly one-sided.