Thread: Licensed Claymore Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-27, 17:59   Link #201
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Ok, I just got my hands on ViZ's version of Claymore Volume 19.

First off, there is no date in the back for volume 20... so my guess would be at least June next year. Though time will tell...

I've only done a single quick read of it, so here was my first impressions vs the scans (volume 19 contains chapters 101-107). Chapters 101 -103 where ok, they seemed more literal translations of each panel but once or twice they didn't quite seem to flow right to me. No once again, I only did a quick read of it...

Now more importantly though is chapters 104 on... why is it more important? Well some of us may recall the shakeup that happened then when the biggest manga website went down and almost all the scan groups just died over night that did Claymore back then, save one. From ch 104 of until recently the big new scan group to do Claymore only had a single translator translating every series on that sight at once (a huge work load), so often it was rushed and errors where spotted by many fans and later by lesser known scan group(s).

So for the first two chapters after 103 (104 and 105) I felt where about on par with the main scans we got back then just after the shack up (nothing seemed wrong with it but nothing better either at first glace... then again I forget if there was any big errors with the scan on those first 2 chapters), however on my first impression chapters 106 and 107 I found ViZs version where far better (upon reading ViZ's take I found myself agreeing with something I recall Gooral saying about Rubel sounding very sympathetic or something like that in the chapters). Overall the chapters just made more sense (likely due way less errors for one)... then again this could just be rereading it in hindsight.

I'm going to be rereading both the scans from every group of these chapters and ViZs Claymore volume 19 again now... and that's where I'm going to nit pick trivial details

However, just for the lack of errors vs the scans the volume is a definite buy I'd recommend.