View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 23:28   Link #1229
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Lulu's personality (Atleast as a teenager as shown in the first few eps of R1) was a facade of sorts...Fake smiles, sometimes tolerating his friends more than loving being around them because deep-down was a maddening obsession to get revenge...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Again I never said he doesn't care for his friends, but he seemed very aloof to me in many interactions with them in r1...
Well, you can't really blame him, his whole life up till he got the geass was a facade. He is a britanian prince masquerading as a student, living the fake life of a student because he had no choice.

Quote:
His true colors came out in ep1 when he was confronted with possible death and wanted everyone in that Britannia squad to die...Now imagine Suzaku in the same scenario as Lulu in ep1, you gotta be a certain kinda mofo to accept geass and casually kill or torment people like Lulu does...Lulu still isn't very nice IMO, but he does have a deliciously amusing way of dealing with people...Don't get me wrong he still cares about his buds, but the feelings he shows is sometimes after the fact, after he geass'd them or hid something from them and he feels bad about it...
I think that might have been involuntary, based on his rather stunned expression when the soldiers just drop dead in front of him.
After all he just got the geass, it probably auto activated bring to life his thoughts at that time - after see the soldiers commit genicide at random & the situation he was in, he wishing they would shoot themselves isn't out of the ordinary.

Although through out the 1st season, he might have taken the geass a little too lightly, as pointed out by C.C, hence him geassing people when he feels it's convenient.

Quote:
I too think he's prolly more good-hearted than I'm giving him credit, but he has shown some moral indifference that doesn't support the claim of his kind-heartedness...I mean Light was somewhat kind too before he got the note...Lulu let his caring for his friends and sis manifest into a monster...Again, only now is he really showing non-impulsive reflections on what they mean to him...
It's safe to say, he definitely has a sense of right and wrong.

But for the sake of his sister and to find the truth behind his mother assassination. He made the decision to become the devil himself, and to in his words "walk the road of destruction".