Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 02:33   Link #2734
Sol Falling

Actually, you know, to think about it. If winning on the last hand is Shizu's actual ability, then it could directly explain Koromo's comment to Saki about being "troublesome".

If you think about it, by far the most key part of Saki's tendency to get +/- 0 depends on the very last hand. There are other factors involved, of course: whether there's someone else with an overall larger point gain, so Saki can avoid the first place bonus; and setting up her own score, so that she could hit the +/- 0 range with her last winning hand (like, I guess the list of possible score for hands of less than limit (i.e. below mangan) value are pretty continuous, but above that level, for example, it is impossible to get a hand of above 9600 but less than 11600 in points). However, the actual key factor for Saki is actually winning that final hand, with the score precisely calculated to land where she needs it to.

However, if the only thing that Shizu's supposed "ability" does is simply specifically allow her to always win the last hand, then that interferes directly with Saki's +/- 0 setup. Even if it doesn't amount to much in terms of firepower, even if it can't even begin to compete with dozens of other powers which would usually be more difficult to face, for Saki "troublesome" is exactly how I'd describe it. It might actually be the perfect development if it is true.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote