View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 16:11   Link #27128
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
The strange thing is that it's implied that BATTLER tried to put himself in Yasu's shoes on purpose. After all, there was some line like this: (this is just how I remember it, not the exact words)
"I know how you suffered, waiting for me all that time. So now, I'll try waiting for you."

And the biggest evidence that he intended it is that he should have been able to solve this logic error easily. After all, by that point, he DEFINITELY knew about the "ShKannon" thing. And he's not an idiot, so he should have been able to understand that only the doors were checked for duct tape.

...Does this mean that he intended to get stuck in the logic error or with a brain injury? I have no idea. As far as the brain injury in particular goes, I kind of doubt it.
This definitely sounds like Ryukishi was intending for Tooya to be working through the same problem of his and Yasu's all along.

Wait a second... this makes sense now. The whole Genius Battler Theory implied that he put himself into a precarious situation so that Moetrice could 'evolve' and regain her previous (Trollish) nature. And that turning point was when she figured out Shkannon for herself, as Battler did already. He purposely didn't tell her and bet it all on a miracle, another common theme in the story.

Well, this change in Moetrice mirrors the exact same situation Yasu went through, didn't it? Yasu discovered that she was disabled and became fully aware; so did Moetrice. The difference being this time Moetrice had Battler by her side and Yasu did not. (And that may have made all the difference between feeling loved and feeling abandoned.)

I'm going to put that post into my signature, it seems to be providing a lot of answers and insights on Yasu's behavior... if someone can think of a catchy name for the theory, please. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
Honestly, both Battler and Yasu get compared to Kinzo all the time. It's like they're both miniature Kinzos.
It still disturbs me when I see Moetrice call Battler "Father" when I realize this is supposed to be Beatrice-2 and Kinzo's parallel. Only with less raping. 8) Still incest though, if you think about it....
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote