View Single Post
Old 2012-01-18, 16:17   Link #27130
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
There is evidence... in EP1-4 we could only read the thoughts of Battler, the player, the detective in these games.
And what about EP5? Did we read the thoughts of Erika, the detective? Or the thoughts of Bernkastel, the player (aside from the "you will scream in pain Lambda, ahaha.wav")?

No we didn't.
But she had them. Just because we don't know what they are, we know what she ought to have seen and what she would think if what was depicted was not what she was supposed to see.
Quote:
Instead we got to read the thoughts of (Piece-)Battler once again. Erika didn't appear as Meta till a later stage of the review/flashback, so she at least wasn't present at the review of the parlor scene. We have No idea how they reacted when it was shown the first time and also whether Meta-Erika was present or not.
If Meta-Erika didn't exist at the time, then Bern was the one playing. Again, if Erika was her proxy in some fashion, that discrepancy (if one existed) should have turned up.
Quote:
But how about this: "(Piece-)Erika could "re-investigate" the parlor scene anytime, if she wanted to, because of her Photographic memory. However her photographic memory does not "think for her". If she doesn't even think about ShKanon, then she, of course, cannot confirm that. So she would realize the mistake of that scene in the first moment, where she seriously considers ShKanon." That never happened though.
My problem with this is that the solution is "Erika is an idiot." I can more readily accept her falling for a puzzle that requires Shkanon if she doesn't have any previous evidence that they're the same. But in ep5, either she should have gotten that information, or she was terribly, terribly misled. In either case, she's been cheated.
Quote:
But that probably ends with EP5 so she cannot start the investigation again in EP6 (for Battler's closed room etc.) because her piece version of that world already ceased to exist and she can only rely on the information she gathered at that time. But to specify this further we would have to know more about the mechanics between Piece and Player.
She states she has a photographic memory. Assuming Meta-Erika has Piece-Erika-5's memories (and we don't know she does, but if she doesn't she should be asking some questions of herself), she remembers all details. She can't go back and check them, but she would remember anything that doesn't fit if she's smart enough to do so.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote