View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 10:59   Link #95
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
The kyuubi isn't a person though, and its a very different entity compared to those characters :/
As i understood the root of their hatred toward humans was exactly this thinking, that they are not treated equally. Something similar to racism and slavery, they were treated as tools that belong to ninjas. It doesn't matter what is your body (can be a robot, a large animal body, etc.) if you have a human-level intellect and feelings you want to be treated equally, or you eventually get very angry. And the point in this chapter was that they began to believe that Naruto is not just another human who is lying to them just because in this situation he needs their help. Naruto, as simple as he is, just wants to treat them as someone equal to him, and as always he can understand their pain of being used and wants to help them the same way he understood Neji and Gaara and even Sasuke. The kyuubi's flashback was to show how the kyuubi verified that Naruto's words are not lies by remembering Naruto's past deeds.

Quote:
I think there are a great many pages wasted on nonsense,
I wouldn't call any chapter of this manga nonsense. Sure there were less important chapters, but they all had a meaning even if sometimes the author didn't achieve the intended effect on all the readers.

Quote:
where we could have had a brief conversation between Naruto and the Kyuubi instead,
I think both Naruto and the kyuubi are not the kind of people who would make "conversations", they are simple minds in this matter, they use less words and more action.

Quote:
building towards this current friendship;
I don't think we can call their current relationship friendship, yet. The Kyuubi respects Naruto, thinks he is not like the other humans are, and he also hates Madara and Tobi more than other humans, but calling all this friendship is a bit too much.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote