View Single Post
Old 2012-01-20, 22:00   Link #27196
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toku View Post
There really is nothing that denies Kumasawa being Kinzo's Beatrice, even after EP7.
Except that, by all indications, Beatrice I is a blond-haired, blue-eyed Italian and Kumasawa is, by all indications, Japanese, who are virtually never blond-haired or blue-eyed.

I wouldn't completely put it past RK07 to just ignore these common sense racial characteristics, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
I'm not outright referring to it. And I have grown a bit suspicious. I don't remember EP5 in every detail. So where was it confirmed that Erika had an objective viewpoint? Might it be the case that she got that ability only after the parlor scene, or possibly never got it? That would be really dirty, Ryukishi! That or the truth of the gameboard actually being fantasy.
The terms 'subjective' and 'objective' are mentioned in reference to 'detectives' in this sequence of Reds and Blue. I think it's the only time they ever are.

Dlanor: Knox's 8th, it is forbidden for the case to be resolved with clues that are not PRESENTED! Until now, you have been the DETECTIVE! Was it ever shown that you were not the detective this time, and that you were an observer with a subjective VIEWPOINT?!! Unless it was, you do not have the right to falsify your point of VIEW!!
Battler: In this game! When I figured out the device of the epitaph's riddle, I witnessed Grandfather. ......As has already been shown in red, Grandfather doesn't exist. It was impossible for me to witness him! Therefore, it has already been shown that my viewpoint wasn't objective!!
(EDIT): Dlanor: It is possible that it was just a sheet or something fluttering in the wind and rain which you mistook for Kinzo. It cannot be used as foreshadowing to form a basis for Knox's 9th...!! Mistaking things for something else is a right permitted to all observers!!
Battler:There's the red truth which Beato showed during the 4th game!! No person would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight!
Battler:In other words, on this island, all illusions which might lead someone to mistake something for Grandfather, including someone else pretending to be Grandfather, 'most certainly cannot work'.
Battler:Because of the right granted by Knox's 9th, people are allowed to mistake a sheet in the wind for anything else and tell about it. ......However! Mistaking it for Grandfather in particular is not permitted in this game due to the red truth!!

(EDIT): The bolded Blue tells us that "objective" people can still mistake one thing for another, so long as they do so honestly. Although when it comes to Erika she's allegedly got a perfect photographic memory, so it's hard to justify any theory that relies on her making observational mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemail View Post
Or perhaps it's not about Shannon and Kanon being in the parlor with Erika and Erika wasn't actually in the parlor seeing them. She, too, was added by unreliable narrator Battler.
Regardless of the narrator there are the Reds:
  • Furudo Erika only increases it by one person.
  • Besides her, the number of people on this island is exactly the same as it was in the previous games.
  • In other words, the number of people in this parlor now is equal to the total number of people on this island.
(EDIT): But to make a small amendment: What if all of Meta-Erika's knowledge comes from Battler's narration in End and none from Piece-Erika... Hmm... I think we may be on to something here.

Last edited by Wanderer; 2012-01-20 at 22:47. Reason: Added Dlanor's blue, changed my comments on them, added final comment..
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote