View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 20:46   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Even if she did, with the whole thing about there being a barrier around the tree and all that, wouldn't be surprised if the whole place was a no-fly zone, like many of the dungeons in this game.
It's possible (and I think that's probably the case inside the compound), but a lot of the shots they show of the rendition of the space above the world tree shows people flying there, because the whole point of getting to the top of that tree is turn into the race that can fly without limit. It'd be a bit silly to get there and be like "Okay, you can fly without limits now -- congrats! Oh, except you can't fly here because rules and all; you have to go back under the world tree and fly where everyone else can."

The reason the wall is there is presumably to make sure that people complete the world tree quest the proper way. Once a race does complete the quest, it's hard to say how things might change in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Similarly, the impression that if Asuna had pressed log out at that moment, she would have woken up with Kazuto holding her hand was actually really well executed. That wasn't in the novels - at most it was implied that Asuna's part was somewhere between the start of the missing arc and the end of this Ep. Arranging it this way really, really drives home how virtual and reality are so far apart, yet so close together.
Yup, I mentioned this earlier too, and I totally agree about this. It was a really touching way to converge the two timelines (even though the back-and-forth was a bit hard to follow for me sometimes). While Asuna is fighting in the virtual world, Kazuto is holding her hand in the real world. When Asuna isn't able to fight in the virtual world, Kazuto's in there trying to find her. It's totally sappy... but sweet at the same time.