Thread: Licensed ef - a tale of melodies
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-13, 09:53   Link #1008
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, no. This might be a spoiler, but since you've already spoiled yourself into thinking ef has a 'dark ending', I think you won't mind: ef's ending isn't particularly dark at all. The 'dark' part of ef's story everybody is most likely referring to is Yuuko's death, which I think everybody would also agree was tragic and senseless and not beautiful at all. However, it was also a bit of a foregone conclusion, given that it was the story of Yuu and Yuuko's past. So you needn't be worried: as for the ending itself, you might be pleasantly surprised to discover that it is as happy/uplifting as that of ef - memories.
Hm. I have to say that ef wasn't meant to be dark at first, at least in the VN. Only when it was 'ported' to anime that Shin Onuma made it really dark and sombre. Which, IMO works well too. Until the ep mentioned above where I think it might have been more moving, in part due to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VN
Spoiler for Yuuko's prayer:
It was the most epic moment, IMO, of the whole VN. For an idea of the VN's version, click here for a description.

In fact, i'm working on a fanfic on this version, what if Yuko
Spoiler for ...: