View Single Post
Old 2011-04-03, 16:50   Link #207
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Third show I've watched this season. While I still anticipate Steins;Gate to be my favorite of the season, this will probably be neck and neck with it in the battle for my favorite of the season.

The direction is fantastic. It may very well be a new standard for these sorts of slice-of-life/coming-of-age type stories.

Ohana managed to spark the audience from the getgo, as the main character she seems to be very relateable to anyone. She's dissatisfied with her city life and when further complications from her mother arise, she is given a chance for a new life which she hopes will be a good one. Unfortunately life doesn't seem to have shined brightly on her. The transition went rough, and the people she has met are less than friendly to her.

The character interactions are not oerly-reactive or expressive, there's no useless fanservice, the visuals are great, and there's interesting challenges with a wide cast.

All I can say is I should fasten my seatbelt, since I am going to enjoy this ride .

I give this episode a 9/10.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote