View Single Post
Old 2011-11-20, 14:26   Link #25766
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Wasn't the fact that Kinzo set the bomb a mere speculation done by the siblings?
We have never seen the siblings saying something like that. To be precise it is something that was reported by people that knew Kinzo. Apparently Kinzo liked to boast that he created that there was that bomb and that he used that way to create an incentive for his gambles.

Anyway you do not deny the existence of that bomb, so isn't it illogical to think he created it for no reason? What is harder to believe is the very existence of that bomb not how he used it. And besides the very existence of that and its very possession is criminal by itself.

Quote:
If he set the bomb on while his family was there and was ready to let it explode shouldn't fact X happen then he was a potential mass murderer. But we'll never know if he would have let it explode as he didn't let it explode during his life.
By the same logic you'll never know if someone who possess mass-desctruction weapons is actually going to use them. But the mere possession is enough to justify a war apparently, and people hardly understand why one would possess mass destruction weapons if he isn't planning to use them.

I might sound unoriginal here, but would you put it past Kinzo? What is your reason to deny that at this point?

Quote:
Instead, if she merely used it to cover up the mass murder committed by someone else or to kill the real mass murderer her position changes quite a bit.
But why would she die in the explosion then? Isn't more plausible that Eva or Battler did that if that was the case?

Quote:
I think I said many times I think that scene is fantasy therefore, as far as I'm involved, Battler could have left at any time.
No he couldn't. He couldn't leave during the typhoon, you even said that much yourself.

You first said that you didn't understand how could Battler escape during the typhoon and now you say that he could?

He didn't, there's no reason to think he did. That means he at least escaped on late 5th. At any rate the sea was calm. Or anyway there is no logic in claiming that the sea definitely wasn't calm.

Also I don't think you quite grasp the evidence that it was the 6th

Does that convince you?

Quote:
If he didn't want to meet him it was safer to leave earlier.
Also leaving during daytime made more possible for him to be spotted. If he wanted to be spotted he would have done better to stay where he was or circumnavigate the island to the point he would get in front of the main port.
I don't think Battler was in its right mind so this whole speculation is pointless in my opinion. He wasn't in a state where he could make logical decisions.

The fact that he didn't circumnavigate the island and he wasn't actually going to the nearest island (Niijima) also proves that he wasn't thinking straight.
According to what was reconstructed he probably just went straight off from the "back" reaching the mainland rather than Niijima.

Quote:
probably Battler didn't need to reach the airport still if he traveled less fast than Kawabata the travel was going to take quite a lot of time, increasing the risk to cross Kawabata or the police, should someone notice the island went KABOOM and warn the police.
But why are you even assuming that Battler didn't want to be found?

Quote:
Also I doubt he could know the exact range of the explosion. According to him he lost his way... could he really tell if he was in a zone that was safe from the explosion or not?
No he knew, he definitely knew. Else why he would try to escape through that tunnel? Eva as well wouldn't do that if he didn't know that the Kuwadorian was safe. Yasu must have told them that much.
He lost his way but only insofar that reached the military base rather than the Kuwadorian but that doesn't change the fact that he knew there was a safe area and he was trying to reach it.
At any rate trying to escape in a boat during that typhoon was a sure way to kill himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I see a reason: One is a mass murderer and the other isn't.
Standards! Standards!
What you say is different sin not a different standard!

And whether one is a mass murder and the other is not it's all to demonstrate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Well, when Ange viewed the "Book of One Truth", the sequence of scenes went-
  • Pile of gold with Shannon, THEN
  • The mansion in daylight, THEN
  • Bloodstain
Which certainly paints a different order of events to that of the EP7 Tea Party. At least it seems incompatible with "Oh you found the mountain of gold. Here's 4 loaded guns just sitting next to it. Have fun!"
I don't think that daylight part is a definitive proof of anything because the whole slideshow was shown in monochrome, which might have caused the scripters to think it wasn't important to show the nightime one and opted that one to make it more clear in monochrome.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2011-11-20 at 14:39.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote