Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 15:48   Link #253
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
...but there is more than one Cosmo Zero present. And that it too is painted differently from Kodai's traditional fighter... We've seen one Cosmo Zero that is grey with a red nose and yellow trim. The second one is grey with an orange nose and white trim. Also it's missiles seem to be mounted over the wing.
In the original series, there were supposed to be two Cosmo Zeroes, each one launched from their respective aft catapults. One flown by Kodai and the other flown by Kato. Unfortunately, the animators on the original series, in the mad rush of producing episodes, experienced some confusion or fudged certain things (Episode 4 features a squadron of Black Tigers, but when they return to their hanger bay, they're all Cosmo Zeroes). So, to avoid further confusion, they narrowed it down to one Cosmo Zero. In Akio Hio's original YAMATO manga, there are a lot more Cosmo Zeroes, and many of them armed with a variety of missiles and bombs.

So, in this series, YAMATO: 2199, Kodai flies the red-tipped Cosmo Zero and Kato flies the silver-tipped version. And I think I like this "Old Fan Service", because they are really digging into obscure and forgotten Yamato elements. And I hope that we see more of them, too!

Last edited by August138; 2012-04-08 at 16:25.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote