View Single Post
Old 2009-07-28, 15:17   Link #159
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

So Lawrence was confident that Horo would stay with him regardless of the outcome, and now, the confidence has been shattered in the worst way possible.

I applause this episode, it was excellent. I can't quite give it a 10, but it was nearly perfect.

Lawrence made a grave error leaving the letter with Horo, but she did lie to him about being able to read.

As others have said, Horo's supposed "god-like" aura is fake. She is a lot more fragile than she lets on to others. She really lost her cool and did not really analyze her situation very well. Lawrence's reaction was understandable, since it is easy to feel tongue tied.

But in the end, where can Horo really go. If she really is alone in this world, who else but Lawrence could truly accept her for real? The bond they posses has already taken root and is not that easy to break. I don't believe that she would simply be able to wander and find her own peace elsewhere.

Simple conclusion: Even if it is bittersweet, the relationship will obviously stay intact.

One of the best single episodes of any anime this season so far.