View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 05:07   Link #96
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It would have been a more interesting development for her if she was just aching to get revenge against Ichika after that representative battle fight. But she takes a complete 180 degree turn which destroys things quite a bit in her development sadly.
I'll join the bandwagon and agree, that development was way too fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Just stating your opinions, nothing to be offended of.
Thanks. Duly noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
But no matter how hard you look at it, getting a harem is not normal. You have to have something more than qualities that anyone else would have and besides him being the only guy there (which isn't the greatest reason) there's nothing else that actually explains it.
When it comes to the "believability" of harems I tend to look at the plausibility of the situation. Ichika being the only known boy who can pilot IS in the whole world is destined to be popular with the girls. And there are sure to be girls who would actually fall for him. But most of the time I simply don't care as long as the characters are likable and the romantic tension doesn't get obnoxious. It sometimes hurts too much to think about these things. I do hate the bromantic foil trope at times though. It seems to be a cheap way to make your boring protagonist look charming and desirable when you put him next to a weird, overly hormonal butt monkey. At least we can be happy there is no bromantic foil in this series!