View Single Post
Old 2008-02-01, 03:39   Link #37
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Right, I shall comment on the new OP and ED.

As an I've fan, I am quite disappointed.

There's nothing wrong with the singing(to a large extent), but it's the flow and animation that is.

The first opening [JOINT] fits in perfectly, many of the scenes are created and matches the song's tempo, making the whole 1.5 minutes so enjoyable and entertaining. However, we can barely see something similar in OP2. Yea, we can call it a change in style and whatever but, the fact remains. It's like, having a opening full of happy faces, and giving it a sad song. That's a bad combination. Despite all the negative things I have said, the opening still far surpasses alot other anime I just have higher expectations, given that the vocalist is KOTOKO.

That aside, if we compare BLAZE separately with Being, I am very glad to comment that BLAZE has a lot of potential. Many of KOTOKO's songs are like that. You have to repeat a few times and try to catch on, then start to get "addicted," falling in love with it(BLAZE.)

The first 40 second reminds me of Short Circuit(Hmm? Some-what child-ish..), the rest of the other 50 second reminds me of Siren(I don't know why..), except the whole feel is different, in-between happiness and sadness.

ED2.. Disregarding animation, I am actually attracted to its creativity and style.
Still have to listen a few more times, but for a song with the quality of 192kbps, I am really amazed. Till then, 12/3/08 is the release date of this single, patiently awaiting for loss-less

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 2008-02-01 at 04:14.