View Single Post
Old 2012-09-14, 01:44   Link #10487
Sol Falling

Here's a link to another work containing one of Nishio's broken/anti-social/'failure' protagonists. Chapter one of Shin Honkaku Mahou Shoujo Risuka, translated for an edition of the Faust compilation magazine (it's been around for a while now, and extremely unlikely that we'll ever get any more translation of this series, at least from this source, so don't expect more). I found it pretty classically Nishio, my only disappointment being with the style of the illustrations and the fact that the MC was a guy, squashing the potential for any yuri I was initially hoping for. (Mahou shoujo? Shit, that should always == yuri, imho (lol).)

http://www.mediafire.com/?zg63zxik1b6bmbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
No. You are trying to rationalize stupidity and inconsistency.
Remember this?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This is only a tiny fraction of her overall power. The idea that some random big demon guy living in a village could pose a threat to something like this is completely ludicrous. You can't possibly ask me to take it anywhere near seriously.
lol. I don't really care if you don't take my word for it, as we can simply wait for the inevitable explanation Nishio will provide (probably next week). The only key point really is to understand that at this point Nishio is basically establishing Medaka Box's cosmology; with the Shiranui's (the "menders") on one side, with established Not Equal status and the Kurokami's (or some other deep darkness threatening the world) on the other. They are (I predict) the core factors defining basically everything about the Medaka Box universe from it's creation, to it's continuation, and everything about Abnormalities and Minuses.

Quote:
That was a translation error, it was referring to Hanten.
Yes, I wasn't saying Iihiko was a Not Equal. Not Equals are a certain category, associated at least in part with the Shiranuis. What I'm saying is that Iihiko is part of the core secret of the Kurokami's (or perhaps even deeper than that, as the pure originating source of the darkness inside them), which is an opposite force on the same level of the Not Equals (i.e. maybe not masters/protectors/rulers over the universe, but perhaps its actual creators).

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2012-09-14 at 02:28. Reason: double post
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote