View Single Post
Old 2007-11-17, 18:56   Link #1
tbl
Affably Evil

Depressing anime (but not Kanon depressing)

Hi, I'm looking for an anime or manga series that is depressing, but not like Kanon, Air, etc. where it depressing because of the characters relationships and individual tragedies, but depressing because the characters live in a world that is just so screwed up (though it can contain the aforementioned).

In other words, depressing like 1984. I guess I'm looking for something that doesn't make you cry, so much as make you feel really low and loose faith in humanity and all that is good(though maybe that's going a bit far). 1984 presents a world that is filled with literally 100% hopelessness.

The protagonist should be male and awesome as well.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Last edited by tbl; 2007-11-18 at 02:02.