View Single Post
Old 2009-07-24, 23:45   Link #70
mitsuganae

^ Hey, it's possible that redemption through death is exactly what the author has in mind for Kazumi. I mean, she was less than ineffectual as a love rival and influenced the Shanaverse very little in general, so her very reason for existing just might be to play a crucial part in the good guys' victory by going out with a bang at the right moment. But just imagine how many people would be royally pissed off if the author has Kazumi summoning Pheles and ends up surviving somehow!

While I'm in this thread, I might as well weigh in on its topic. Aside from the usual suspects (Shana, Yuji, etc.), I must say I actually have something of a weakness for Hecate. I find her "purity" and her aloof yet quietly determined temperament rather appealing. It's also poignant that there's an emptiness within her that cries out to be filled. She just happens to be on the side of evil, of course, but still...

I've read that Hecate comes across very differently in the novels (which I haven't read aside from III), so maybe it's only anime-Hecate that I find appealing.

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-07-25 at 00:19.