View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 14:05   Link #6
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I say just make a social group 'guild', as was proposed. Creating a group monitored by Moderators should be fairly easy, and having it restricted only to Graphic Designers isn't necessary. I think if you need to make a 'guild', it should be maintained as public, not private. Anyone that accepts the terms can join, I think that sounds very fair.

Creating a social group-guild isn't that difficult, and it can actually subside any difficulties. I'm more worried about the social group itself remaining fair more then anything else.

I accept the proposal of a guild myself, and would happily join it. Even if I'm not a graphic designer, I do support you all. I'd also advertise the guild in my signature (Among the other groups I have up.)

Making it exclusive isn't ideal, but that's my two cents. Personally I want to see this resolved as quickly as possible without any problematic loose ends to it.

Edit: Also, to go a tad further: I think if this Guild was created, it should be completely optional, not mandatory. If a Graphic designer wishes to make signatures/avatars indefinitely and for whomever, they can. After all that's their time and effort, and it shouldn't be frowned upon. It being frowned upon is what I'm almost sure will happen because the Guild will most likely form a group ideology/thought process. All I can say to that I hope that'll be avoided.