Thread: Licensed Risou no Himo Seikatsu
View Single Post
Old 2014-11-13, 00:38   Link #7
Mechatrill

Read the Chinese translation for this series a bit ago... That's currently up to V4, Ch 3 (only a little of the chapter though).

The most interesting thing, I've found, is Zenjirou's own character development, from a guy who really just wants to take advantage of Aura's own political desires to relax and slack off, to someone who genuinely loves his wife and wants to work hard to help her out as much as possible. I'm somewhat of a sucker for romance, so this bit really hits me where I live.

This series, in my opinion, is fairly slice of life. The few conflicts that arose tend to be political, and those are generally handled fairly smoothly by Zenjirou and Aura. The various materials Zenjirou brings from Earth tend to mostly just help make things comfortable for Zenjirou, Aura, and the inner palace staff rather than change the world. For example, the most often used pieces of technology tend to be stuff like his cooler (the maids love the cold towels and ice cubes, what with them being in a fairly tropical setting). Zenjirou just wants to take it easy, and the lack of a technological revolution brought by his presence reflects that and keeps to the theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNobody View Post
So does Zenjirou get a harem or not? I thought Aura wanted monopolize Zenjirou when she started liking him.
No he doesn't. In fact, his (and Aura's) desire to not have a harem actually ends up being one of those political conflicts I mentioned, where Zenjirou has to start making appearances in court in order to preemptively establish that certain things pertaining to him (his lack of a harem and his lack of political ambition) is due to his personal desire and not Aura oppressing him.

In fact, he and Aura has multiple planning sessions on how to do this. Man loves his wife.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote