View Single Post
Old 2009-09-03, 18:21   Link #63
Solachinx
is a myth

The thing in the novel about Haruhi hitting Mikuru in the novel could've been a case of inaccurate narration because of an existing bias between Kyon and Mikuru; look at Boredom (in the anime version, at least): Mikuru barely gets tapped by the baseball in one scene and Kyon's willing to let her sit out the rest of the game and even goes as far to say the she was hurt by the baseball (although, I suppose, that if Mikuru had stayed out there, she probably would've gotten hurt). This and some other examples of Kyon's little remarks here and there (like the thing in BLR about how it's not ok for Haruhi to knock him unconscious, but if Mikuru does it it's perfectly fine) definitely show that he has a strong bias towards Mikuru, and that this warps the narration.

Even though this has been stated loads of times before, I'd like to end this with an analogy I told my friend one day: If Haruhi were to make a shit, it would just be a POS; however, if Mikuru were to make a shit, it would be the best thing since Paul McCartney sang a song with Michael Jackson. A little gross, but you get my drift.