View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 10:50   Link #961
Liingo
Love Hina?

Right, As usual, time for to address the backlog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart
Post 744-New OC: Karu
First up, welcome to the thread. Hope you find us useful for bouncing ideas off. Just keep in mind that the majority of us in here like to keep with canon, so if you’re planning to use these OC’s for say a crossover or AU, some of the comments won’t necessarily apply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart
Familiar: Willow is Karu’s familiar, she has green eyes, she can change her from to a little fox, woman-fox, woman and fox-demon, her hair in woman-fox and woman is red, Willow process with fire element, she’s strong and powerful, also fast, Willow process with fire element.
Just keep in mind that she’s going to be sharing the mana pool of Karu so this is going to affect what Willow and Karu is capable of.
Quote:
Lightning befall:- this attack can uses to
Would you mind finishing the description? Thanks
On the spell list, the majority of them are fine, however:
Quote:
Wave of death: this spell is powerful take a wave from, it can wipe up troops on mages.

Order of chaos: that spell is the most powerful of Karu’s spell, this spell can destroy the enemies with single one blow (this spell can be done only when Karu in Black Hawk mode.)
Wave of death seems a lot more powerful than her magic rank would suggest. While I can see it being able to injure/ disable/kill a single mage of B rank, I don’t really think it’s going to be able to as powerful as you suggest it’s going to be. In comparison, Order of Chaos doesn’t seem that impressive since you’ve pretty much have the same spell repeated ( in terms of its effect).

All, in all, pretty good for a first attempt, although some things could be tweaked a little. Leaving out the hard numbers will help, since in theory any spell is capable of killing as long as it’s physical damage and not magical damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Tigerclaw
Post- 762 Incoming funkiness and silly nods.

Here is the first scene of Marcellus Fabrizio (AKA: Zorg)... showing just how fruity he really is.
Interesting weapons that they have.. Sounds very impressive. Should be a good read at the very least. Keep it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinIlumi
Post 771 – OC: Suki Motomiya
Welcome as well. Like I said above, we deal with OC’s that fit with canon predominantly so some comments may not apply.
- Is there a reason for the differing surnames of the family? Seems rather weird. Divorced parents?
- Hmm, not much else to comment on Come back with a spell list and we’ll see what we can do then. But feel free to use the thread to bounce ideas off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Post 773 – Part of Hayate’s B’day festivities
The WAFF is strong with this one XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
Post 775 – More for Hayate’s Bday
Gah, Aaron, do you mind toning down the emoticon spam!
Quote:
(This last comment drew a couple or so disapproving stares from the others, making Agito raise her hands apologetically) she then tilted her head, “And back on topic, what do you mean never returned?”
Don’t need the brackets here *points up*

Very nice piece though. Good family antics!
Good luck with the new semester’s work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK
Post 806 SNAFU part 2
A few points where spell/grammar check would come in handy but other than that, not much I can complain about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral
post 808, Shopped Pic
Ohh, very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva
Post 819 – Battle Speech
*shakes head* /facepalm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva
Post 903 – Super WHAT?
It would be more effective if I knew where this was from.. Got a vague inkling but am probably wrong. I get the feeling I’m going to be facepalming though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshouryuu
post 854 Happy Birthday Hayate
Hahahahahahhaha. Awesome stuff, absolutely awesome. Now when do we get the video footage of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenahort
post 830-1 Zenith Project
Part 1: I’m liking the atmosphere that you’ve created for yourself here. Also what’s this, competent males in the TSAB! This is madness Good to see Acous have some love in the fic as well.
Part 2: Nicely written battle sequence This guy is awesome in all accounts. I’m going to have a look at their profiles again once I get the time.
*hands cookies*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Post 883 – NanoVita Pic
Whoa, I can definitely see moe in that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaz
Post 885
Remember that the requirement to have your character indexed is that it hasn't received any major haxx-busting statements, they aren't in a state of de-haxxing, and/or has received some semblance of approval.

At present, I only accept Keroko's and Liingo's seals of approval.
Although some of the other’s in the thread can do the same as well. As noted, I’m not that free now a days to keep up with the thread on a daily basis. Still thanks the vote of confidence. I’ll try to get the rubber stamp out as often as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkellis
post 870 – Teaser Fall of Babel
I’ll be waiting for the arrival of the chapters with anticipation. Was this part of the stuff that you were writing before with Rancer and the others? Or is this something different.. I can’t remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort
Post 815- Profile Rex Atkins
Time for me to go over the rest of it.
No problems with the spells, the explanations after each of them have enough detail so that I don’t have any additional questions.
Just with Excaliber, what sought of effects are we talking about? Hospitalisation? Device rebuilds? Or less severe?

Your new canon concept is interesting, although obviously there are things that will have to be ironed out. While I applaud you for taking this step, I would urge you to consider what the others are saying as you go about the creation of your AU timeline. You don’t have to take everything on board but what they have to say is going to be of some help in shaping the direction of the AU timeline.

Like Keroko, I personally don’t see anything majorly wrong with what you’re proposing. While we have been pretty much sticking to canon, (even if at times we’ve been cursing the idiocy of the writers) there’s no reason why you can’t alter it like you’re planning to. May I remind everyone in the OC thread that we’re allowed to do anything that we want. Cort’s moving into a different canon line, it won’t affect what you’re currently doing in the present. It is officially another AU line so there’s no reason at all to jump down his throat for what he’s suggesting.

Essentially, just do what Kha suggested a few posts back and just post the start of this. We can go through it later and help point out any discrepancies if they come up.

--- Sigh, more posts before this goes up.--

Cort's writing an AU. Hammer that into your heads everyone. AN AU! Yes I know that the rest of us write OC's (and all other things) following canon. That's no reason to start the flaming. Just ignore the posts instead so that the rest of us can get back to reading the thread in relative peace (well as peaceful as it gets )
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote