View Single Post
Old 2011-01-09, 10:48   Link #438
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
/sigh

After several pages of back and forth, we still can't nail down things precisely.
This is why I say his world's "rule set" lacks rigour.

It's a matter of patiences I suppose, but it's been draining since the end of accelerator's arc.

I appreciate your attempt to explain it, but it does not quite fix the problems I have with his "rule set".

The thing is I consider the movement of the coin an "after effect".
The force generated by the electricity is supernatural that I can accept. The speed/kinetic energy obtain from the acceleration is completely natural IMO.

It all boils down to what you consider an "after-effect", which seemed to be arbitrarily determined by the author to fit the plot. This is not what I consider "internally consistent".

This also isn't the only beef I have with the anime.
The lack of character development of Touma and Index after the first arc.
Touma being uninteresting...

PS:
I kind of feel like an ass ratting on people favourite show with my complaining all the time too.

You have used the above explanation many times.
But never gave an exactly definition, nor a way to determine, as to what is considered "Immediate effects" and what is a "Secondary result".

The author basically assigns "events" to either category base on what he feels is convenient for the plot, with no consistent rule delineating the 2 categories - and this is what I meant by "vague; the rule is vague and poorly defined.

It would explain his writing...

I love it for the character design and creative setting but ...

@ALL

To add on to what I said, let's me put it this way :
If Misaka turned off her power somewhere between the moment it leaves her hand and before it hit's Touma's, the coin will still be moving.
Think a car, just because you take your foot of the accelerator doesn't mean the car just stops immediately.
Misaka's ability is to "step on the accelerator" via her control of electricity, because that is technically what electricity in a railgun does, accelerate the projectile.
wait, u besides the super long post u didn't read the short final post i put. The author hasn't put touma in the situation where he stops a railgun. Even in the LN novels, which is the true story doesn't have that "misaka shoots a railgun directly at touma." That, as i said was from the mangaka who made "to aru kagaku no railgu
Story & Art: Motoi Fuyukawa
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote