View Single Post
Old 2012-11-15, 11:21   Link #74
zyta

Send a message via MSN to zyta
This episode was amazing and hit all levels of entertainment from a deep emotional understanding through Rikka’s pain when she experienced her father’s death to the love budding and finally showing fruit between Yuuta and Rikka to the hilarious moments between Nibutani and Sanae. Rikka turning the family dog into Cerberus was also a moment of comedic genius. She may be in a daze-like state through most of this episode, and yet it still feels good to see her Chuunibyou side creeping out. I loved the moment when Rikka dropped her Chuunibyou personality and talked about her immediate family as they are supposed to be called and then when Yuuta provided the strength she needed she reverted back to calling her sister as Priestess. Very slowly, the Chuunibyou side of her and reality are merging into one. In really tough situations, Rikka can’t put the energy into keeping up her own reality.

How is it that Nibutani is the only who in their club that can notice the romantic interest between Yuuta and Rikka? I’ll forgive Sanae because she is still young, but Kumin… honestly? She’s older than the rest and isn’t a Chuunibyou victim. She has a firm grip on reality and has probably seen more than her fair share of relationships start with classmates around her. Maybe she’s just an airhead (yes, I do know that she is an airhead) of a much higher level than I intended.

Sanae’s and Nibutani’s relationship is one of closely-related creatures that have to do battle simply because the other is there and it is an insult that the other lives. Okay, maybe it’s not as intense as the probable hatred between Neanderthals and Humans had for one another, it’s definitely nowhere near as dangerous, but their Cold War state is highly amusing. Their constant struggle to one-up the other is one of this show's highlight moments. It’s very good to know that their Cold War is put on hold momentarily when one of them is really suffering, such as when Sanae was vomiting back on the train. Yes, they still bicker but at least the physical side of their struggle is put on hold. The best moments where when Sanae was incoherently responding to what was said around her when her eyes were making the spiny spirals.

Rikka’s grandpa had to be hell living with for one like Rikka. She is constantly opposed to his way of life that everything and everyone must act according to society’s rules. This is a very common idea, I hear, in Japan. The mental pressure that he put on her while living with him and listening to his mutterings day in and day out had to be close to abuse. I don’t know if Rikka’s grandma accepts Rikka’s Chuunibyou, but we do know that she at least plays along with Rikka. Rikka seems to like her grandma as it would seem she is the only one who can control her husband and stop him from muttering about Rikka’s Chuunibyou.

Also, I noticed that Yuuta looked very similar to Houtarou in this episode, especially when his face drew a blank. If I didn’t know better, I would believe that Houtarou had a twin or a younger brother. I say younger because of the way that Yuuta looks and acts in comparison to Houtarou. Lastly, need I say it? Rikka killed me this episode with her cuteness. The final scene of the episode broke my heart for a different reason.