View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 10:05   Link #1270
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Why do One Piece fans keep telling me i have to read 500 chapters before i can form an opinion?I can't get passed 50 and had an opinion since the first page.I don't think it would be a good thing to skip to a better point in the Manga,unless there really is nothing to be missed?My opinion now is that if it takes this long to get into it i'm not a fan.
An appropriate reasoning would be because One Piece is a manga that is 15 years old and since you've just picked it up, you are judging it with a contemporary perspective and it would be unfair to the manga. Sure anyone can have an opinion but it doesn't mean what you say is justified.

And those who suggest you read 500 chapters are underestimating One Piece, I reckon anyone who can't continue after 50 just aren't ready for the greatest adventure of their life yet. You can come back to read One Piece any other time when you are ready.

One Piece also isn't really starving for fans since its the greatest selling manga in history, so its ok if you aren't a fan.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote