Thread: Licensed Persona 4 (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 12:54   Link #1825
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
I have never played the game unfortunately..... but I am getting the feeling that the anime spoiled me for the game. I saw several people mentioning that the anime has way more comedy and slice of life moments than the game and thats what I like about this anime.
Well there's some things the game still does better than this adaptation. For example the plot gets a lot more focus and they go into a lot more detail on the investigation allowing for a greater understanding of what's happening. They're really only scratching the surface in the anime here.

And it's not like the game doesn't have any comedic or SOL moments. In fact it manages to strike a very nice balance with the more serious side of the game. It's just that in the anime the funny stuff is a lot more prominent.

I do recommend playing it if you get the chance. There's a difficulty setting, so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting through the dungeon crawling part of the game on an easier difficulty.

Also judging from your *ahem* "fangirling", you might not like with the fact that Yu has virtually no personality in the game and is practically a Mary-Sue. (He never talks, the player makes all his decisions, tends to be good at everything he does etc.) There's various hints towards what his general attitude is like, but not much else. Just figured I should warn you.

Quote:
sorry for hijacking you girls' fangasm over Yuu, but I think the FeMC from P3 is better than the emo kid :P
He's far from emo. It's just implied that compared to Yu, he's more reserved and keeps to himself, considering how he's listening to music a lot of the time.

I think a good way to distinguish the two is with Tanaka's theme song. P3MC calls it "annoying" whilst Yu calls it "cheery".

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-01-21 at 23:52.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote