Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-02, 09:36   Link #1121
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The statements about the kirara flocking to the centers and glowing more brightly around them than ever, and that when their glow reachers its peak they "unlock the power to transcend space and time" certainly seems to support the theory I tossed out. If that is what's happening, the conventions of storytelling make it somewhat more likely that the centers are still alive (or, at least, that they were still alive when their journey via kirara ended). It would be unnecessarily tragic and anticlimactic for folks to discover "yeah, they all just got teleported randomly... most of them ended up in deep space and died in a few seconds. Kinda sucks." after all. They likely ended up somewhere (or somewhen) specific.

It's still just a theory at this point, though. It seems to fit the facts, but we can't prove it yet.
But if they were just sent somewhere, why wouldn't they just return back to AKB0048? They should be able to at least go somewhere and send them a message. If they were just teleported I don't see why they would all suddenly wish to quit the team. Whatever come with or after the teleport seems to always result in the girl graduating, enough that the successor spot they hold would be free for someone else. It would make more sense if that teleport would have an specific destination, which would be the reason of they not coming back.

If it was a Kirara drive though, wouldn't the other idols notice? They are experienced with doing Kirara Drives with their ship, so I would expect them to be able to recognize one happening in the middle of a concert with the centers.

Well this mystery is likely taking long before it's fully revealed.