View Single Post
Old 2013-10-17, 07:36   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Generally speaking, I have no issue with the whole cast, save for 2 specific characters: Yasuhiro and Touko, both being utterly useless in term of character purpose or plot device. That aside, due to the large cast, I picked 5 of them:

1) Kyouko: albeit presented as a cold and analytical detective, Kyouko is quite interesting. Past her skills, her personality still has quirks and I liked how she opened to Makoto (alas only in the free time events in the game).

2) Sakura: the character who reeks "respect" in both ways. I don't think it is necessary to explain this choice.

3) Makoto: I often see people complaning he is a "boring MC" but I digress. Despite being an average guy from the getgo, Makoto fared pretty well during the story as an anchor for the audience/gamers. Suffice to say, while some point might be questionable (mainly the fact he didn't tell Kyouko about Sakura's agenda), he is relatable and consistent.

4) Sayaka: probably one of the most unpopular characters out of there. Despite being just the "cute character" at first, I liked Sayaka because she is a bit more than that, and she is the only character out there who had a "valid" murder motive, as it was not only out of desperation about her friends, but also her own existence purpose. That aside, I really think she could be a decent sidekick to Makoto, contrary to Aoi who was a bit on her own.

5) Monokuma: welp, the series wouldn't have its defined identity without the psycho bear. That being said, I'm voting for him only because of the game. The anime counterpart was awfully passive with hardly any troll whatsoever. Monokuma was pretty much harassing the whole cast in many ways it is both entertaining and heinous.