View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 18:07   Link #8
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I don't know what you're smoking, but I'm sure I could make money selling it.

Individuality is the exact opposite of America's problems right now. The dumbing-down of the populace. Groupthink. Mob mentality. Conformism. These are all bigger problems in America, which are also present in Japan (only worse).

If you're talking about "individuality" in the teabagger argument, "SCREW YOU, I GOT MINE" well, that's not actually individuality. That's insane, almost sociopathic levels of greed.

America needs more individuality. We need more people who think for themselves, who don't just follow the herd, who don't just vote Republican or vote Democrat, who don't just blindly recite Bible verses in hopes they'll avoid an eternity of hellfire and brimstone. People who express their opinions without fear, without shame, and without feeling the urge to conform to some societal norm in hopes that they aren't demonized or ostracized.
Syn you are 100% correct IMHO.
We need critical thinkers and that means people who think outside the collective box of organized religion, organized political parties, and the mob-think of the media all around us.