View Single Post
Old 2006-06-23, 10:20   Link #13
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
heh.. I was wondering why that link was taking so long to load... >.> anime paper... I swear I'd be more active on that site if it weren't so damn slow to load. *grump*

I suppose a lot people would be using vector instead of inking these days. (Well it is cheaper and more accesible - I just find it time consuming ~.~)

But yeah... hahah ^^;; I did say something wrong. I guess what I was trying to say is that the term "vector art" to me is more distinguished by the styles I mentioned. (Samurai Jack ... they don't use lines at all... powerpuff girls - yeah, these are extremes, you get other subtle ones - nice ones like the Incredibles storyboard - waw) otherwise if you use it for images like above, it's no different to traditional hand-inking. In the end you get the same effect. Haha I guess I was trying to say this without being to wordy. ^^;;

So... I should be more direct. (To ichigo If you're gonna use vector to draw images, you gotta observe how lines are drawn. Consider lighting directions - you're starting to get the idea with doing thick/thin variations but now you gotta know where to put them.

Also a really nice thing you'll want to play with solids are gradients. (for shadows and highlights) =) Especially if you're colouring vector style, you can get some really nice effects. But yeah, at the moment, I think the point earlier made by g0jira about doing faces was a good one ... perhaps if you tried to move away from that a bit, you might start seeing how lines work?

~yeah so good luck! I wish I had more time to do these things but #_# gotta... work on my animation. T_T
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote