View Single Post
Old 2010-08-29, 10:58   Link #204
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Then Smoker has to learn how to use Haki. Didn't the doctor say to Coby, that a VA needs to know how to use Haki? Smoker obviously can't do it yet.

The doctor never said that being a Haki user was a requirement. He simply said that all VAs are able to utilize it. There IS a difference. Remember, it's still uncertain whether or not the current 3 admirals are Haki users themselves (they COULD be, but their Logia powers probably compensate for their inability to use it).

Anyway, going back to the Zoro situation, I'm actually reminded of how james0246 came up with the theory of him training under a master swordsman when the Sabaody arc was running a couple years back. I recall being skeptical of the idea for a while, but came to accept it over time (like around the time the Impel Down arc was running). Heh, it's funny that james' theory technically came true after all (though I think the master swordsman he had in mind was Mihawk's sensei or something).....

BTW, since Zoro's training under Mihawk, I hope this means that he'll finally improve his single-sword skills. That's pretty much the biggest drawback to his fighting style so far. In fact, I always imagined that Zoro's final battle would involve two of his swords getting broken/lost, forcing him to fight with the weapon that was left behind by his earliest rival......