View Single Post
Old 2010-08-29, 13:33   Link #207
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The doctor never said that being a Haki user was a requirement. He simply said that all VAs are able to utilize it. There IS a difference. Remember, it's still uncertain whether or not the current 3 admirals are Haki users themselves (they COULD be, but their Logia powers probably compensate for their inability to use it).
While i don't think oda made it perfectly clear, i think there is enough to say they do all use haki, simply on the basis that it seems odd that ALL VAs use it and yet the admirals can not.

Recall when Whitebeard attacked the platform with his quake powers; the admirals blocked the attack and were seen just standing there with arms out stretched and the hands out. How did they block the attack? no real sign of their devil fruit being used... i believe the answer would be that they used their combined Haki to block the attack

Also recall when Vista cut into Akainu's neck... Akainu commenting that he was using Haki and yet the attack was not enough to negate his devil fruit to the point that it would do real damage. So why didn't vista's Haki work to allow him a solid hit? frankly i've been going with the theory that a logia user can counter haki with haki in order to help make sure his powers keep working as they are supposed to atleast to a limited extent.