Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 19:09   Link #334
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I didn't notice anything unusual about the rest of the Yukikaze's crew verses any other naval crew aside from Okita and Yamamani. All space naval personel seem to have blue uniforms aside from Okita, Hijikata, Yamamani, and Kodai. (And Okita's son). There are all wearing coats that are either black with gold trim or a dark grey with silver trim. The inner lining varies, but seems to match the colored tabs over the left breast that most crew and officers have that I believe indicates one's department.

Yukikaze's XO has three gold bars while Kodai has a silver chevron and bar (that may or may not be attached). The other bridge crew seem to be enlisted with no bars. The officers seem to all have neckerchiefs. The XO on the Yukikaze and the Captain of the one cruiser had orange while all the others have white (I'm assuming he was captain since he had on a captain's hat even though he didn't have on the coat. He might have been the XO but was giving the order to evade. is hat anchor and rank were silver and looked to be the same as Kodai's).

General Serizawa is in a greenish uniform with his campaign ribbons and metals on. He is either Army or Marines.

Yuki and Nanbu have red uniforms (but a dull red). They could be Army or even Air Force. Their placement is unclear from just Episode One.

The image we have of Yamamoto has her in a red uniform like Yuki's. Her bother has on a blue uniform with an orange scarf. Kato is in a green t-shirt. Both with bomber jackets for their fighter squadron.

Todo has no rank no any indication what branch of the service he might be from. But he is overall Commander, so techically he is in all services and might have a special uniform.

Kodai's uniform is blood red. It is styled differently from what I can see from Nanbu's uniform. Kodia is clearly Space Navy given his hat, coat, and that he's captain of a destroyer. What his uniform indicates is not something I can easily guess. Maybe there is something in Episode Two that might give a hint as the crew is assembled, but before they get their new uniforms. Yamato seems to be a special case as it is suppose to be crewed by the best they have regardless of which branch of the service they are from. Hence the special uniforms. (in all productions after the first season it is clear that only Yamato has these uniforms, and only for special missions. When they aren't on a special misson, they all seem to return back to their other uniforms.)

Maybe a flashback will we get something about this. If things follow their old course we should get some from both Susumu Kodai and Sanada about Mamoru Kodai.