View Single Post
Old 2006-01-24, 07:55   Link #266
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
I can't stand this work, I don't consider it a true yuri manga. As effeminate as the main character was when he was a boy, he is still really a boy even after having his sex changed. This is just a common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance.
A japanese fanboy fantasy is to turn into a girl LOL

Anyway I'm sure many have heard of this its called diversity :P there are plenty of manga out there, yes you'll even find male oriented manga that has serious yuri relationship/relationships in them, but not many of these manga get animated, and those that get animated don't get treated well (HEN for example (a seinen manga)).

A more serious male oriented yuri manga is getting animated this year: Strawberry Panic! (serialized in Dengeki G's Magazine (a magazine for male otakus))

Is someone going to say that Strawberry Panic! is a serious male oriented yuri manga? probably not, if its not "common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance" they will claim stuff: "it can't be for guys its so sh**j*"

These guys that like to claim stuff, when the time comes are probably going to get flamed by me.

Yeah, if its a serious yuri manga they will claim its sh**j* and when it has fanservice or the guy turns into a girl its "common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance"