View Single Post
Old 2006-01-24, 08:53   Link #269
Seiryuu

I think I said something earlier about Yasuna-chan's condition. She doesn't WANT to fall in love with a girl, and she DIDN'T, but this love was painful for her because she couldn't possibly have a relationship with Hazumu if he was male, just like how Tomari-chan can't stop her feelings but instead has to put up with her clear aversion to female-female love.
I do find it interesting how they made one girl seem to be freed by this change, and the other restrained, while making it clear that both are in love. When you get down to it, I think this is a lot like the "Onegai" series: they take a form of relationship that many are uncomfortable with, which seems somewhat inappropriate to many, and then try to find a situation where no one can complain.
Frankly, I'm more put off by Asuta and the predictable changes in him than by the girls' reactions. "I loved you before you were a girl so I still love you now" seems so much better than "you were my best friend but now you're hot". Not saying that I wouldn't have trouble dealing with a friend who suddenly turned into a babe. I guess continuing to love someone despite how they change is better than starting to love someone because of the changes.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote