View Single Post
Old 2006-10-05, 01:11   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
The anime follows the manga pretty well. Additionally, there are also a few moments wherein the anime is arguably better than the manga. (i.e. Roberta's "Terminator" episode)

The most glaring difference is the order of the story arcs. Next to that would have to be a few edits of potentially controversial content—such as portraying the the rebels in episodes 11 and 12 as generic-looking troops—and if I'm not mistaken, less blood on screen. (That changes in more recent episodes though.)
The most glaring change for me, by the way, is the fact that Revy spared the Nazi ship's civilian crew in the anime. Yet, in the next episode it was clearly shown that the ship has been left stranded on the sea with no one left alive on-board. (that scene was clearly faithful to the manga, but it doesn't make any sense if the civilian crew had survived.)

Unless you want to believe the large numbers of civilian crew somehow left their perfectly functional, if slightly bloodied, ship to go back home on lifeboats, it is a goof-up.
After all, who would risk the danger of the seas on small lifeboats unless there is no other choice?
(The unlikely option is that Revy killed them anyway, off camera. But that's even more meaningless.)