Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-21, 18:17   Link #2020
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy
We've been saving up for a while now and we've been looking around for a few months. I know that my parents are probably gonna go beserk when I do move out, but I need space.
I don't support moving out. Staying with your parents may make you and Casey suffer, but it is best for your daughter.

But even if you move out, don't hide it from your parents. Have a talk with them. Tell them your intention (except when you think they have the ability, and the wish to make it impossible, though I doubt they would go that far). Ask them for help in finding a location, even if you think they won't help.

Quote:
The more they try and force me to do what they want, I'm just gonna keep rebelling.
They force you to do what they want too much, they make mistake. That put you under stress, and your rebel is understandable and can be sympathized. But rebelling still is not an wise action. I hope you can see that.

Quote:
I wish they could understand that I'm almost 19 years old, I have a daughter of my own, and I'm capable of making my own decisions.
You say that, but have you ever proved to them that you can do that? I bet not. Sneaking out to parties, and getting pregnant in high school is not so convincing.

Trust cannot be taken for granted. Rationally show them your resolution. Say you love them, for them, and for you yourself, you will take care of your life perfectly. Even if they act arrogantly, don't ever lose your head and shout things like: "for godsake plz goddamn believe in your own daughter for once." Be silent. Be calm. And affirm them of your resolution again and again. If you also act childish when they act childish, they will never change their mindset of: "I can take care of her better than she can." You have to act more mature than them. It is hard, but you are also a mom now
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote