View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 07:18   Link #298
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good god you guys, can't I come here to relax and chitchat about something not so serious? Its a fic thread right? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Never said anything about using ST tech in TSFs. More like how you can use ST tech to improve local techs. Like make the engines more efficient or make better composite materials.
Still, the bleedover runs the risk of ruining the flavor of the series... Sure, there's some benefits logically speaking, but I'll reserve judgement until I complete MLA and finish the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Kha, that bold red text loses a lot of your indignation when one recalls that your stuff isn't that true to canon even when you have access to the source.
And why would you assume that is the case? Have you been in the ISOC thread lately?

I approached different universes differently. Most of my work in Nanoha were written in a void, and in the thick of my youth, so there wasn't any canon to base on, anyway. Now with Vivid being published I have a hard canon source to refer to, and that is why you see nothing from me on that angle anymore. I'm busy getting my facts right.

This is my work ethic when I'm serious about something.

Quote:
Also, that bold red text gives the impression that you're yelling that until you finish the game, the only output you will produce is stuff that is false to canon. Which, if I may be brutally blunt and honest, is not only what most of your stuff already is, but it is stuff we don't want to see.
Same thing goes both ways; case in point, Nyan is so tired of the militarization of the Nanoha OCT that he has begun down a path of crack that even I can't follow...

Let's not dig up the past. I'm serious about doing something properly with MuvLuverse and I also very much agree that most works for MuvLuv will have to be of the appropriate tone and accuracy. The anime, games, and everything in the hard disk is waiting for my consumption. Until then, all I have is a silhouette of a F-16FF TSF, a pilot and a rough notion that she's part of a PMC. Nothing to call home about, much less build a story about.

I am aware that Muvluverse isn't Dog Days, and I am making sure I don't turn it into one as such.

Quote:
STFU until after you finish the games. I'm not moving further until I finish the trilogy, because I don't have a clear picture of the world.
You and I both. It's just so hard to STFU. Why can't I blow off steam here once in a while? The red text had a bit of RL strain trickling into it as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
I would suggest looking at the wiki and watching the anime. The wiki and show is pretty reliable barring a few things and can give out a place to start on how an TSF operates and it's abilities. There is a lot of miscellaneous info in the wiki like what material is used on a TSF, weapons and equipment like the jump packs and OS. It also has a bit of summarized info on how politics work in MLU/A.

I still recommend playing the game and the side-stories to get a feel of the setting and info on the political and cultural landscape of MuvLuv.
Very much aware, will do it in December once my exams are over, when I can see what the hell I'm getting myself into...

Edit: You know what? Forget it.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-10-01 at 07:32.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote