View Single Post
Old 2010-11-08, 17:58   Link #281
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
And you honestly see no problem with that?
Not really, no. That's just the way these stories are told. Every Shounen series eventually reaches the point where the fights seem almost unbelievable. It's whether the fights are still enjoyable that really matter, not whether they are believable or not...

Quote:
Yeah, because ninjas and wizards are SO totally the same thing.
To Kishimoto they are the same thing. Honestly, has Naruto every done anything that could be described as ninja-esque? And even going beyond the titular character, how many of the characters actually act like ninjas? There are certainly characters that can, on occasion, be sneaky, but actual ninjas...4? 5?

Quote:
I don't care what kind of rules a fantasy world sets up. Characters can get their power from chakra, ki, magic fruits or magic toenails for all I care. What pisses me off is when the author starts contradicting the rules he/she has set up without any sort of explanation.
What's been contradicted here? So far in the series, the Perfect Izanagi is the only technique that goes against all known rules, and since the technique is literally described as being godly, that only makes sense. Everything else falls within the realm of possibilities (even understandability) within the series' conventions and explanation.

Personally, I think you are confusing a lack of an explanation with contradiction once again...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote