View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 07:56   Link #16
Deathscyther

Fun episode. The humor was great and we we're shown some nice character development of Rin as well. She's starting to open up towards other people more and (not completely surprising) starts to act a bit more like her brother (trying to lead the small group of 3, acting kind of bossy and starting missions).

I don't know why some people are complaining that they found this episode out of place and/or that the episode served nothing in the general progression of the plot. The main plot of this anime seems to be revolving around solving everyone's personal problems (Komari, Mio and Haruka come to mind). Until now, Rin's story has been revolving around her shyness/anti-socialness and the solving of the tasks she's been given by Lennon. As she was given another task this time around, this episode actually does progress the plot just as much as an episode in another girls' arc would have progressed the plot.

Also, the anime has been animating Rin's development and her tasks between the other routes since the beginning:
- episode 2: Task 1-> Fix the sanitation problem in the boys' dorm. This was just before Komari's arc began.
- episode 9: Task 2 -> Save the School Cafeteria. This was just before Mio's arc began.
- episode 15: Sleepover (character development for Rin). This was just before Haruka's arc began.
- episode 20: Task 3 -> Cure lovesickness. This is just before Kud's arc begins.

So yeah, it was to be expected that this episode or the former would be about Rin. It didn't feel out of place to me at all, especially since the former episode was pretty lighthearted as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Talk about love,this might be the first show I've watched that have a scene about the MC and main heroine talk about love in the sunset but have absolutely no romance or romantic development going on AT.ALL
Haha, I agree. It shows how innocent (and kind of childish) those two still are. Well, Riki did say that both of them hadn't fallen in love yet, although Rin doesn't really answer when he asks her if she had fallen in love before.

To me it looks like Rin doesn't seem to understand much about love yet, so she probably wouldn't know even if she were in love at this point.
The way Riki is always looking out for Rin and how he's often looking at her, I'd have to say that he might be starting to like her as more than just a friend. I don't think he realizes it himself though, although Riki did blush when Kyousuke asked him who he likes during episode 15.