View Single Post
Old 2008-07-09, 18:58   Link #1397
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Somebody, I need some facepalm, now!

Confirmed what? Have you read the article yourself? Have you read the original article? Oh wait, you can't read it. Right. Allow me to enlighten you. According to the article, Kawamori originally intended for a female character to be the main character with the central focus flanked by 2 male characters, and none were mentioned by name. The article simply stated that Sheryl's character design progressed along the way just as Misa Hayase changed from originally being a captain to that of a bridge bunny dominatrix in Macross. I'd suggest you stop mustering pieces from hearsay to befit your twisted arguments. It makes you utterly amateurish.

- Tak
That probably would have been more interesting. Sheryl officially being a supporting character, rather than a main character-in-name-only would have served her better, while possibly providing some stable, background romance people could indulge in to get away from the angst of The Love Triangle. Alto just fails as a guy getting along with girls, but he'd be fun in a rival role. It'd also aleviate him of his main character duties. Bresra would also be a less mysterious (annoying) character as a result since his role in the story would be more defined instead of being Kira "Jesus" Yamoto minus the angst.

And Ranka retains her role in the story, much to the benefit of all.
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote