View Single Post
Old 2010-02-02, 21:02   Link #1262
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
But what if pieces can loose their detective view? For example Battler looses it in episode 2 after getting drunk. So for example in episode 4 George and Jessica are both reliable detecitve POVs until they get utterly untrustworthy when getting into the magic fights.
I brought this up earlier, but everyone ignored it, unfortunately.

My idea was that Battler lost his Detective's Authority because he gave in to the witch after he found Shannon and George dead, thus losing the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
The red text in EP5 regarding her "addition to the person count" is suspiciously evasive, too. All it says about the actual count is that besides her, it's the same. And as for "Furudo Erika only increases it by one person." - what did she increase? Maybe Bern and Lambda were talking about the personality count. Lambda even calls her an "extra character who appears for the first time this round". An alternate personality of somebody else/the collective family that took over for Battler?
What's also suspicious is that the person count is never stated in Ep5, when it's been stated and re-stated throughout Ep3 and 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
We know that Erika killed the five people who died in the first twilight of Episode 6, and the detective may not be the culprit, so whoever she was representing at the time couldn't have been a detective. That's not to say she doesn't also get to act as a mouthpiece for the best idea at the time like k//eternal said, but we shouldn't assume that means whoever she's representing is a detective in the Knox sense, at least in Episode 6. It sounds reasonable to make her a roving detective ball in Episode 5 though, since she got red text to that effect.

On the subject of Episode 5, there was a similar "all other people" usage to pin down the people in the dining room at midnight. We can extract one of those and move them to the guesthouse under cover of Erika using the same method I described before.

EDIT:
I wonder if we can use Knox 3 to rule out people as culprits if we can figure out who Erika was standing in for when she took actions as the detective.
Doesn't Erika not have the Detective's Authority in Ep6 for whatever reason? That was the initial explanation for her being able to kill people that I heard...